Frequently Asked Questions
WTC-related illnesses or conditions are determined based on health data and many years of experience in caring for WTC responders, including tracking health trends within the WTC responder community. Please click here for a current list of conditions that have been certified by the WTC Program Administrator.
There are many ways our program is unique. As a Clinical Center of Excellence under the main WTC Health Program, our focus is on the WTC responder–you. We’ve developed a program that brings together experts in many different areas to deal with WTC-related issues and ensure health and longevity in our responders. Our exams are thorough and comprehensive, and all of our services are FREE–that means no co-pays!
Periodic chest x-rays
Comprehensive treatment and specialty care
Counseling and education
- All medical and supportive services are FREE and CONFIDENTIAL.
- You will receive expert care from doctors who specialize in WTC-related illness.
- Annual physical exams are VERY IMPORTANT for identifying illness early, before it progresses. Being on top of your health will benefit not only you but those who love you.
- Your participation will help other responders, some of whom may be sick. Valuable information gathered at monitoring exams contribute to better understanding of long-term health trends affecting WTC disaster responders.
- We understand. The program offers a safe space to talk about what happened at 9/11 and how it might still affect you, your family, and your work.
We recognize that coping with a WTC-related illness can be stressful for you and your family. Long-term illness often affects people emotionally and financially. Clinical social workers at the Stony Brook WTC Wellness Program/LI-CCE are here to assist you during these stressful times.
Not only can they help you learn problem-solving skills for better coping, but they will assist you in navigating the resources that are available to 9/11 responders like yourself.
If you wish to learn more about our services, please call 631-855-1200 and we will gladly help you!